Learn all about audio effects for bass guitar, including modulation, octave, pitch shift, wah-wah, chorus and flanger/phaser. How to hear them and why to learn.
In episode 5 of the Bass Tone podcast, Bass FX Part 1, Nick Long covers the most frequently used audio effects for the bass guitar. You’ll learn all about:
• Equalization (EQ), the cornerstone of a good effects chain
• Compression and Limiting to even out playing dynamics
• Multiband Compression
• Distortion, Overdrive and Fuzz Effects
In episode 4 of the Bass Tone podcast Nick Long dives into the wide choice of bass amp technologies and options out there and their effect on your bass tone. You’ll learn all about:
• The difference between valve and solid state amplification
• Class AB, G and D amps
• The options for amp heads, cabinets, and speaker sizes
• How to choose an amp for the best balance of size, tone, power, and price
Learn all about audio effects ear training for bass guitar, including EQ, compression, limiters, distortion, overdrive and fuzz. Ear training for bass tone.
Find out about the impact your amplifier has on your bass guitar sound, and how you can train your ears and set up your amp to craft your perfect bass tone.
In this podcast, learn about the special playing techniques bassists use to adjust tone, including finger-style vs plectrum, slap bass, slurs and tapping.
Learn about some of the special techniques bassists use to adjust their tone, including hammer-ons, pull-offs, tapping and slides. Train your ears to hear each.
Learn about some of the special techniques bassists use to adjust their tone, including finger-style vs plectrum, and slaps/pops. Train your ears to hear each.
In episode 2 of the Bass Tone podcast, Nick Long introduces Leo Fender’s revolutionary electric bass guitar and talks through the core choices which affect the tone of the bass, including:
• Electric vs. Upright bass
• Pickups: Single-coil and Humbucker
• Blending between pickups
• Active bass guitars and bass/treble boosts and cuts
• The effect of string choice on tone
The famous P-Bass guitar brought around a revolution in bass playing when it was released. Find out what exactly made it have such an impact with its sound.
Listen to this podcast episode to learn all about the importance of the bass guitar in music, and get to know the sound of the upright bass a.k.a. “double bass”