Home » Learn » Ear Training Series » How to Transcribe Music Like a Pro
How to Transcribe Music Like a Pro
- How to Transcribe Music like a Pro: Before You Start - Transcription, the art of writing down the music we hear, combines every aspect of ear training. Learn how to start and the best tech tools to help you out.
- How to Transcribe like a Music Pro: Drums - Most beginning transcribers go for melody first, but starting with drums offers many advantages. Learn why and how to transcribe the drum parts like a pro.
- How to Transcribe Music like a Pro: Finding the Key - Knowing the key can save you a lot of head-scratching when transcribing music. Here are some tricks to quickly find the key of a song by ear.
- How to Transcribe Music Like a Pro: The Rhythm Section - Transcription takes time. Follow these tips for transcribing bass and chords to speed up the process and amaze yourself with your transcribing abilities.
- How to Transcribe Music Like a Pro: Lead Instrument and Melody - Many new transcribers go for the melody first, but when you start with drums, key, and rhythm section, your lead melody transcription is a whole lot easier.
- How to Transcribe Music Like a Pro: Conquering Long Songs - Transcription can be intimidating, especially for longer pieces of music. Recognizing musical patterns, and technology make the job much faster and easier.
- How to Transcribe Music Like a Pro: Song Choice Tips - Ready to upgrade your transcription skills? Expand your musical range, exercise with YouTube transcriptions, and choose the best songs to fit your goals.