We publish high quality music education articles each weekday. These find a good audience via search traffic but there is a lot of untapped potential to get them seen more widely via social media and through collaborating with other music education providers online.
We are looking for someone to take charge of this initiative of getting our content seen more widely, and so help more people to learn music and attract more customers for our products.
To be a good fit for this role you would be:
- A musician. You don’t need to be a pro – but you do love and play music.
- A great communicator. You are outgoing and enjoy making new connections with other people. You have excellent written English and attention to detail so you’ll include the word funk in your application.
- Self-motivated and good at finding your own solutions.
- Excited about the opportunity to apply the skills you’ve learned to a topic you’re passionate about and continue to learn and improve your expertise.
You have experience doing proactive content promotion beyond just posting to social media, and will be excited to take responsibility for our content being seen more widely. You’re someone who takes initiative and is creative about in finding new opportunities. You work in a well-organised and systematic way.
We have a core set of activities you will start with from, including:
- Posting our articles and other interesting content to our Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Doing outreach on social media to increase followers and shares of our content
- Identifying and cold emailing relevant influencers to build relationships and promote our content
Once you’re up and running with these core responsibilities you will go beyond them, coming up with new ideas and strategies for getting our content seen by the right audience.
This is a part-time fully-remote role requiring roughly 20 hours per week.
Your working hours are flexible and you can work from any location that is convenient for you. We communicate primarily via Slack (online group chat), with a short weekly video call.
Does this sound like your ideal job? We’d love to hear from you!
Just fill in the form below so we can learn a bit more about you.