A 6-week course from the leading provider of musicality training, using Kodály principles to equip you with the mental models that let you feel like a “natural” in music.
This 6-week course provides day-by-day instruction and exercises which start from the very beginning and train you to:
- Recognise note pitches by ear
- Recognise rhythmic patterns by ear
- Write down the score notation for music you hear
- Sing or imagine music in your head directly from score notation
- Improvise your own musical ideas
Enrollment Is Now Open!
Each week a new module uses specially-chosen songs to:
- Introduce Learn the new musical material which will be used to teach this module’s concepts.
- Explore Start to play around with the musical elements to get an instinctive feel for how they work.
- Discover Clear explanations of the key concepts behind these musical elements, enabling you to establish your new mental models.
- Extend Go beyond the musical material used so far and see how these new ideas impact other music you know, including creating your own musical ideas.
- Practice Independent exercises let you test your new knowledge, understanding and abilities.
- The course material is all provided at your convenience online and compatible with any modern internet device.
- Each module is broken into bite-sized chunks that make it easy to see your progress.
- It’s designed to require just 15 minutes per day, and the timing is flexible so that you can fit it around a busy schedule.
- Drawing on the principles of the Kodály approach, Foundations of a Musical Mind provides song-based learning – meaning that all musical concepts and skills are taught through actual musical material. You learn a song, and from there you explore its various dimensions to acquire a deep understanding of how the music works.
- It is also a multi-sensory approach, so that you learn to relate the notes your eyes see on the page, to the notes your ears hear, to the pitches and pulse you indicate with your hands, to the musical ideas you express with your voice. By approaching the same ideas from multiple angles it becomes much easier to internalise the new mental models and make them a core part of your personal understanding of music.
Meet Your Instructor, Anne Mileski
Anne Mileski specialises in making music learning purposeful, sequential and joyful.
She is the founder of Anacrusic.com and host of The Anacrusic Podcast where she is a leading voice in modern music education.
Anne holds a Masters of Music degree in Music Education from Southern Methodist University and is a Kodály Teacher Trainer. Her teaching is informed by a wide breadth of experience and knowledge of best practices. As well as being Kodály Certified she has qualifications in all the other major musicianship methods including Dalcroze, Gordon Music Learning Theory and Orff-Schulwerk.
Over the 6 weeks of the Foundations of a Musical Mind course you’ll discover:
- The powerful solfa model for naming notes by ear.
- How to sight-sing music or imagine it in your mind from the score.
- A systematic way of using your hands to help you internalise note pitches.
- The rhythm syllable model which lets you immediately translate rhythmic patterns you hear into the corresponding notation, and vice-versa.
- The relationship between pulse and rhythm, and how to always keep the two connected.
- How to improvise your own musical ideas based on a song.
- … and much more!
By the end of the 6-week course you’ll be able to instinctively make the connection between every note you hear, read, write, sing and play.
Case Study: Charlie A.
Case Study: Christine P.
Case Study: David W.
Case Study: Zac B.
Case Study: Steve L.
Case Study: Ian H.
Imagine how your musical life would be transformed if you had the kind of musical mind that you always thought required “talent”.
- No more confusion and frustration in your music learning.
- No more feeling overwhelmed, or like you’re just wasting your time.
- No more painful struggling to learn things that deep down you know should be as easy and natural as music itself.
- Instead imagine having the musical mind that just instinctively understands every note, rhythm and chord you hear.
- Imagine having the musical mind that lets you confidently and intuitively collaborate with other musicians in any situation.
- Imagine having the musical mind that makes all your musical activities (and even music practice and learning) simply a joy.
In just 6 weeks, for the price of a cup of coffee per day, that musical mind can be yours.
We’ll be providing unlimited personal support and guidance to make sure you succeed with this training course – so places are limited.
We are so confident that you’ll love this training course and be delighted with the new foundation it provides you that we are covering it with a 90-Day 100% Money-Back Guarantee.
So if you’ve ever felt like learning music was harder than it should be…
If you’ve yearned for those free, creative, expressive skills of the “natural” musician…
If you’ve felt held back, or like you just “didn’t have what it takes”…
Or if you’ve worried that it might just be too late for you…
Ask yourself: have you been missing the foundation you needed?
The foundation that provides the mental models which make it easy to learn even the most impressive musical skills.
Put that new foundation in place – and see the transformation on every aspect of your musical life.
“Everyone I talked to and most people on the web all recommended Musical U as the best there is. And it seems they were right.” – William P.
“I’ve been very impressed by the level of care the team takes for us.” – Luke B.
Q: When does the course begin? Is it flexible?
The course begins on a certain date, depending on when you enroll. It’s structured as a 6-week program providing daily training and it’s expected to take on average 15 minutes per day.
You have flexibility about when you do each day’s training (e.g. no problem to do Tuesday and Wednesday’s exercises all on Wednesday) and you’ll have access to the course materials in perpetuity.
So although the course will run “live” with a set start date, you are free to begin the program whenever you like and proceed at your own pace.
Q: What happens at the end of the course, can I keep the material?
Yes. You’ll have access to the web material even after the 6 weeks are over, for as long as you need.
Q: Is this suitable for beginners?
Yes, absolutely. We’ll be starting from the absolute fundamentals, and the course will have valuable material both for those who are totally new to music learning (or just to musicality training) for and those who’ve been learning for a while.
Q: Do I need to know music theory?
No. This course is designed to teach you all the essential concepts from scratch.
In fact, this is how “music theory” should be.
There’s not going to be tons of arcane terminology and classical music theories you’ll never need to know or use.
Instead you’ll learn the fundamental concepts that will benefit you every day in your musical life.